Software Test Analyst
Altus is a software and consulting company focused exclusively on the financial services industry. We have established a reputation for providing secure, well-engineered and innovative software products. Many of the leading financial services companies in the UK depend on our investment automation and administration solutions to keep their business-critical processes running smoothly.
We are now looking to recruit a Test Analyst to help us extend our successful range of products. You will join a successful, relaxed and friendly team, and will have the opportunity to be involved in both automated and manual testing whilst working closely with the development team during design and development stages.
In addition to a competitive salary and good career opportunities, other benefits include a bonus scheme, life and health insurance, company pension, company rewards programme and regular social events.
- Analyse requirements and functional design specifications in order to define suitable test plans
- Produce test scenarios, user stories and edge cases for regression, system and UAT testing in collaboration with a team of experienced developers
- Execute manual and automated Integration and System Acceptance tests
- Take on responsibility of lead tester on projects as applicable:
- Manage the assigned test team within a project
- Work closely with lead developer in shaping requirements and design
- Estimate, report and plan test activity and progress
- Manage and oversee the implementation of test cases
- Ensure the quality and reliability of software releases
- Completion of test approach documentation
- Document and escalate defects as appropriate
- Work closely with Product and Project Managers to deliver quality products on time
- At least 5 years’ experience of testing, ideally web front end/web applications
- Proven record of design and requirement analysis.
- Strong technical and business analysis skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to use initiative or take instruction as the situation demands.
- Strong manual testing background
- Knowledge of and/or interest in automated test tools and concepts
- Demonstrable awareness of business environments into which solutions have been delivered
- Experience of leading a team within a project
- Must have a methodical, pragmatic approach to testing, appreciating the broader picture of what is required to deliver a software product to multiple clients
- Knowledge of the financial services industry, particularly in platforms, wealth management, pension administration and fund administration
- Good understanding of operations processes and systems
- Familiarity of web-based applications
- Understanding of web services
- Knowledge of SQL