The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) published guidance in July 2019 to ensure consistency of outcomes for vulnerable consumers, regardless of the sector in which a firm operates. The Financial Lives Survey showed that 50% of UK adults display one or more characteristics of vulnerability.
This Conference will provide insight into:
- What the regulator expects of financial firms and how it views the fair treatment of vulnerable people
- What charities specialising in support for vulnerable people can teach us about their needs and expectations
- What new tools are available to financial firms to support the assessment and improvement of culture, processes, and practice
- What progress has been made by firms to date, and what can be learned from it
- What can be learned from other industries experience with vulnerable customers
- How customer vulnerability and financial exclusion is viewed in Westminster
More information about the Vulnerability Conference is available on the TISA's website.