Business Architecture Training
Our 3-day Business Architecture Training course has been put together following years of experience working within many business architecture functions across the Financial Services sector. As well as training many of our clients, we have delivered the training internally to support the growth of our Consultancy business.
Course Summary: The course provides a broad introduction to the many disciplines required to deliver an effective Business Architecture function within complex Financial Services organisations. Business Architecture is still a somewhat immature and ill-defined topic across the Financial Services industry as it moves towards more Agile delivery methods. Altus are regularly engaged to demonstrate the value and impact that can be delivered by the application of well-informed, targeted Architecture initiatives.
Who Should Attend? This course is ideal for: Business Architects, Business Analysts, Project Managers, Programme Managers, Solution Architects, Enterprise Architects, Consultants and Practice Leads.
Prerequisites: There are no formal prerequisites for this course, but an understanding of the strategy of your business and familiarity with the life-cycle behind business change would be beneficial.
Course Duration: 3 days
Contact us for details on how we can shape a course for your organisation.
Course Objective and Content: The course is intended to enhance the level of capability and confidence of the attendees, in order to ensure that they deliver higher value outcomes to their businesses immediately following the course. In the case of someone new to the role, this will translate as teaching them new techniques and methods to augment their existing business knowledge. In the case of someone more experienced this will translate as giving practical examples of application of their skills.
The course addresses the following topics:
- What is Business Architecture?
- How does Business Architecture fit with Strategy?
- The Current Operating Model (COM) and Target Operating Model (TOM)
- Understanding and defining Business Capability
- Understanding true End-to-End Business Processes, their Modelling & Optimisation
- Capability Maturity Modelling
- Customer Experience Modelling
- How does Business Architecture fit with Organisation Design?
- Business Design and the Agile Change Lifecycle
Good Business Architecture is a mixture of:
- Rigorous & repeatable methods & techniques,
- An understanding of the pragmatism of their application,
- Business credibility demonstrated through deep subject matter expertise, and perhaps most importantly,
- A diligent and conscientious passion to deliver value.
The Altus course delivers a balance of emphasis across these factors based upon the needs of the group of delegates in the room. This is only possible through the use of experienced trainers. In the case of Altus, the trainers are still active practitioners with over 15 years’ experience in a range of complex business change environments.