Business Architecture Training
Course Summary: The course provides a broad introduction to the many disciplines required to excel as a Business Architect within a complex Financial Services organisation. Business Architecture is still a somewhat immature and ill-defined topic across the Financial Services industry. Altus are regularly engaged to demonstrate the value and impact that can be delivered by the application of well informed, targeted Architecture initiatives.
Who Should Attend? This course is ideal for; Business Architects, Business Analysts, Project Managers, Programme Managers, Solution Architects, Enterprise Architects, Consultants and Practice Leads.
Pre-Requisites: No formal pre-requisites are required to attend this course but an understanding of the strategy of your business and familiarity with the life-cycle behind business change will be beneficial to the value derived from the training.
Course Duration: 3 days
Contact us for the next course dates
Open courses will be held at our offices in Bath.
Course Objective and Content: The course is intended to enhance the level of capability and confidence of the delegates attending in order to ensure that they deliver higher value outcomes to their businesses immediately following the course. In the case of someone new to the role this will translate as teaching them new techniques and methods to augment their existing business knowledge. In the case of someone more experienced this will translate as giving practical examples of application of their skills. The course addresses the following topics:
- What is Business Architecture?
- How does Business Architecture fit with Strategy?
- The Current Operating Model (COM) and Target Operating Model (TOM)
- Understanding and defining Business Capability
- Understanding true End-to-End Business Processes, their Modelling & Optimisation
- Capability Maturity Modelling
- Customer Experience Modelling
- How does Business Architecture fit with Organisation Design?
- Business Design and the Change Lifecycle
Good Business Architecture is a mixture of:
- Rigorous & repeatable methods & techniques,
- An understanding of the pragmatism of their application,
- Business credibility demonstrated through deep subject matter expertise, and perhaps most importantly,
- A diligent and conscientious passion to deliver value.
The Altus course delivers a balance of emphasis across these factors based upon the needs of the group of delegates in the room. This is only possible through the use of experienced trainers. In the case of Altus the trainers are still active practitioners with over 15 years’ experience in a range of complex business change environments.